As a marketer, it can be challenging to keep track of social mentions of your brand, grab journalists’ attention, filter through media requests, respond to public sentiments, and measure the ROI of your PR campaigns.
Attempting to handle these tasks alone can lead to incomplete outcomes such as low ROI or unhelpful media coverage. Also, you might struggle to develop and maintain relationships with journalists and other media sources.
PR tools can be a great ally in managing your brand’s reputation and taking a lot of the workload off your plate. Keep reading to discover the top 10 public relations tools.
10 Best PR Tools for Brand Reputation Management
Prowly is an all-in-one PR management tool acquired by SEMrush in 2022. It is a complete automation software for businesses to run, manage, and scale their PR efforts. The tool is in English and Polish and offers essential features like media monitoring, press releases, a journalist database, and reporting.
- Media monitoring and alerts: Prowly AI helps you filter out brand mentions based on various factors:
- Keyword combination and content
- The topic of each mention and website (1000+ available)
- Estimated mention reach
- Region and language
You can also set up custom alerts for positive and negative brand mentions. Based on these alerts, you can address negative mentions ensuring your brand’s reputation isn’t affected.
- Media database: Prowly has a database of more than 1 million journalists across different companies, job titles, locations, and other relevant details. Based on this information, you can easily create personalized pitches, increasing your chances of getting journalists’ attention.
Google Alerts is a free tool to keep track of media mentions and coverage. All you have to do is set up alerts by mentioning the keywords, and you’ll get timely alerts in your inbox at your chosen frequency.
- Keyword alerts: You can set up alerts for your branded keywords and monitor which media sources are discussing them. Doing so lets you check if any source feeds wrong information to their audience and address such issues immediately.
- Industry trends monitoring: By setting up industry-specific keywords, you can identify key trends, developments, and reports. You can use this to identify potential ideas to talk about, pitch to journalists, and increase your chances of getting their attention.
Coverage Book takes a lot off your plate by curating screenshots, organizing them, and collecting all the relevant metrics on your PR coverage (both online and offline). The tool is easy to use and gives you more time to work on your PR campaigns.
- SEO coverage reporting: The features help you monitor how the coverage you get via PR affects your site’s search visibility and domain authority. You can also use these reports to find links for low or spammy websites to keep your domain authority intact.
- Detailed and fast PR reporting: Your work is to put in the URLs of PR mentions, and the tool will generate the preview of each link and collect all the metrics such as estimated views and domain authority. The report looks like a landing page you can customize per your or your client’s preferences.
Prezly helps you manage, publish, and scale PR campaigns with easy-to-use features like contact management, email sending, and coverage reporting. Whether you’re a PR professional or an agency, Prezly has the right use case.
- In-built CRM: Prezly’s CRM helps you keep a central database of all your PR contacts. You can use tags and create segments to organize different contact lists. Moreover, it also helps you filter out duplicate and spammy contacts helping you ensure you reach out to the right and genuine journalists.
- Story publishing and reporting: You can publish stories using Prezly and get a customizable report for all your coverages. This feature helps you tell a great brand story to your customers and clients.
PrimoStats is a searchable database of curated marketing statistics, giving you the most reliable data to include in your content. The tool helps make your reports more authoritative and credible by adding accurate data that appeals to journalists and media outlets.
- Data-driven press releases: PrimoStats offers the most reliable data with their source, publication title, and year. As journalists are more likely to cover reports that have such statistics, you can stand out in your pitch by making your report more persuasive.
- Monthly research reports: PrimoStats sends monthly reports to its members, containing the latest industry report along with key takeaways. You can use this information to identify topics to write about and pitch to journalists to increase your chances of getting coverage with a relevant story.
Determ is a PR tool for media monitoring that enables you to track your brand’s mentions and generate reports that provide a comprehensive overview of all PR campaigns.
- Media monitoring: The media monitoring feature helps you keep track of your brand’s online mentions and public sentiment. You can choose the sources you want to track to customize the tracking process further.
- Analytics and reporting: You can identify sources generating the best results for your brand by monitoring metrics such as engagement and views. These metrics can assist you in identifying areas that are not producing results, allowing you to redirect your investment toward efforts that generate results.
Brand24 is one of the best social listening tools that helps you keep track of your brand’s mentions by sending you alerts, giving you real-time discussion updates, and offering a graphic representation of changes in the discussion volume.
- Real-time engagement in discussions: You get all the brand mentions in Brand24, and with a single click, you can jump into the relevant conversations, such as a thread on Twitter or a Reddit post.
- Discussion volume charts: The tool gives you a graphic representation of the discussion where your brand is mentioned. If you find an unnecessary spike in the graph, you can immediately start looking for the reason and ensure your brand’s reputation is not getting damaged.
8. Muck Rack
Muck Rack is an all-in-one PR software that helps marketers monitor their PR campaigns and ensure they get coverage that boosts their brand reputation.
- Media database: You get access to a wide selection of journalists, podcasters, freelancers, and all the intel you need to pitch them correctly. You can browse their basic details such as name, location, job title, contact details, and current company. In addition, you get more in-depth information such as articles, beats, the latest tweets, and preferences for how they like to be pitched.
- PR management: The tool manages all the PR campaigns in a single dashboard. You can invite your team to collaborate and keep track of their pitches and responses. The tool keeps updating the dashboard, so you get the most recent update without manual effort.
Trello is a project management software that can help you streamline your communications and keep track of your PR projects and the progress you have made. You can create Trello boards and use them for specific tasks and projects.
- Media monitoring: With Trello boards, you can add media mentions and assign each board to the respective team members to pitch, respond, engage with, and follow up with the source.
- Media database: You can also create various Trello boards to keep a central; sized database of all the potential and existing journalists. You can add information for each journalist and use tags to divide them into different categories.
10. Google Trends
Google Trends can be used in PR monitoring and management as it gives better insights into trending keywords and their search volumes. You can compare the volume of more than one keyword, identify ideas to pitch, and keep an eye on any doubtful spikes.
- Topic research: Google Trends can help you identify trending keywords in your industry. As journalists often prioritize such topics over others, you can leverage this opportunity to create content and pitch ideas to them.
- Crisis management: By monitoring the search volume for related queries (such as branded keywords), marketers can gauge the sentiments of their audience. If they find a negative sentiment leading to a high spike, they can look into it and take the appropriate measures.
Take Your Public Relations to Next Level
As a marketer, handling every task on your own can be daunting. However, the above-mentioned tools can help you find potential PR opportunities, generate pitching ideas, and receive alerts about brand mentions. Give them a try and choose the ones that work best for you.
About the Author
Nupur Mittal is a freelance content writer for B2B brands writing high-quality and data-driven content. Apart from writing, she also specializes in distributing and optimizing content pages. Connect with her on LinkedIn, where she consistently discusses her content writing and freelancing journey.